It’s the event street food junkies (and craft beer lovers) have been waiting for.
From Feb. 22-Feb. 23, Granville Island will turn into an after-hours party zone for the first Street Eats and Beats Festival. The beer-garden-style outdoor event, held from 6 p.m. to midnight directly under the Granville Street Bridge, features six of Vancouver’s best food trucks, B.C. wine and beer from Granville Island Brewery and top DJs and performers.
Ticketholders will have the chance to sip, savour and get down at one of Vancouver’s hottest outdoor parties since the 2010 Olympic Games. Here’s how it works. Passes ($30 each) include six food truck samples and two drink tokens. Additional food and drink tokens can also be purchased. The party is outdoors (Bundle up!) in the parking lot behind Edible Canada. The exact lineup of food trucks and performers hasn’t been announced yet.
Street Eats and Beats Under the Bridge is Vancouver's hottest new food truck event located in the heart of Granville Island on Feb. 22 & 23, 2013.
Tucked underneath the Granville Street Bridge, this 2-night party will run from 6pm - 12am both days as part of CMHC's famous Winteruption Festival.
With six of Vancouver's most highly acclaimed Food Trucks, local beer and wine, as well live DJ's, this is a great chance to mingle with Vancouver's best!
Tickets are $30 each per night. Group tickets are also available in packs of 10 for $250 so get your friends together. The ticket price includes food truck sample bites and two drinks (additional food and drink will be available).
For tickets go to: http://festivalunderthebridge.eventbrite.ca/
Fri & Sat, Feb 22 & 23, 6pm to Midnight
Location: Festival Garage, behind Edible Canada.
Special notes: Minors welcome. 2 pieces of ID required for alcoholic beverages.
Street Eats and Beats takes place during Granville Island’s annual Winterruption festival (Feb. 22-Feb. 24), when the island is already buzzing with live music and theatre, food tastings and more. Highlights at this year’s festival include:
- A free French wine tasting at Liberty Wine Merchants, Feb. 22; 2 p.m.-5 p.m.;
- Vive Vendredi!, a weekend-long celebration of Francophone flavours, music and more featuring French food tastings and live performers;
- Live jazz, blues, rock and salsa all weekend at Performance Works, including local favourites Bend Sinister (“Hall and Oates meets Iron Maiden”) and six-piece Latin dance band Mazacote;
- A truly exceptional Kids Zone with towering stilt walkers, marching brass bands and old-school clowns; and
- Hands on art tours and demos, including [ART]ifacts: The Granville Island Story, a 45-minute walking tour of the island’s artistic landmarks.
Want more updates on Vancouver and beyond? Follow me on Twitter@RemyScalza.